50 reasons you should date a Graphic Designer
In response to this article; http://abourbonforsilvia.com/2010/11/10/50-reasons-not-to-date-a-graphic-designer/
I present to you, 50 reasons you should date a Graphic Designer
The reasons not to remain in a roman font, my reasons to are in the bold font.
1. They are very weird people.
They are interesting people. With some peculiarities.
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer.
There are a lot of designers in the world. If you like one you’ll get on with them all.
3. They will analyse conversations in layers.
Conversations are analysed in layers to make things easy.
4. You will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA.
Days will be spent getting fit and assembling furniture from IKEA.
5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging.
They experiment with all kinds of new food and drink based on the packaging.
6. They hate each other.
They love each other. (Some too much).
7. You’ll come out the last out of the movies because you have to see the full list of credits.
You’ll get to see any hidden features at the end of movies. Along with knowing the complete cast and crew.
8. They cant change a light bulb or without making a sketch.
Even simple tasks like changing light bulbs are completed with detail and precision.
9. They fuck up all the tables with their cutters.
Tables become stories through cutting accidents.
10. They rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say.
They don’t focus on the word, more the image.
11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings.
They collect inspiration all the time in the form of magazines and whatever out there that has drawings.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy.
You will learn to deal with ambiguity.
13. They make collages with your photos.
Your photos will become pieces of art without any input.
14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters.
Numbers aren’t their strong points, but they will write you beautiful things.
15. They idolize people who nobody knows and speak of them as if they were his colleagues.
They have a vast knowledge of people in the design industry & usually know them somehow.
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes.
A daily picture is taken to remember special events. Then modified into cool shapes.
17. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want.
They like you to feel like your opinion matters, but usually have decided before they ask.
18. Everything is left justified, right or center unless they arrive late.
Everything has it’s place. Lateness is undeserving of such things.
19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica.
You’ll never see Comic Sans around the house. The passion they have for Helvetica will never surpass the passion they show you.
20. They use iPhone for everything, because everyone has one.
They use a reputable smart phone which can be serviced in all most every major city if it fails.
21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them.
You won’t have to think about colour schemes ever again.
22. They steal street signs.
Your house will become decorated with the street.
23. Always carry their hands painted with something.
Possessions become marked and characterised with paint left over on their hands.
24. They buy dolls unfinished for them to paint.
They will express themselves through real models.
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets, cards as …
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed like the OSX spinning wheel (not affectionately)
They use easy to understand analogies during arguments.
27. Do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.
Outfits match mugs, that match phone cases, that match business cards. Perfectly.
28. They hate Excel.
Rather than displaying information in spreadsheets, it will be beautifully designed.
29. They read comics.
They read comics.
30. They want to save the world only with a poster.
They believe that they can save the world.
31. You will spend the day brainstorming.
Days will be spent expressing your inner thoughts.
32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach.
You will get to see places you’d never see. (Sand is evil anyway).
33. Museums are their second home.
When they’re not home, they’re expanding their mind.
34. They know more positions than the Karma sutra.
They know sex. Better than anyone.
35. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design.
They have a good eye for detail, which usually represents the establishment you’ll be dining in.
36. They listen to music you have never heard of.
They will expand your mind with new music.
37. They can´t cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients.
Your tastebuds will become enlightened.
38. They read rare books: stories of children, Semiotics…
There’s always some interesting reads around the place.
39. When they are going to tell you something, everyone has read it in their Facebook and twitter.
They openly share information that needs to be shared.
40. They have own iPods before you knew they existed.
They have own iPods before you knew they existed.
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia.
They have passion about software. Orgasms aren’t merely forgotten.
42. They have their own shops just for them and there are the most expensive in the city.
They like their own and they love splashing their hard-earned cash.
43. They want to spend all the money in the Apple Store.
They invest in companies that change the world.
44. You will never understand their gifts.
Gifts that seemed stupid one day, will become necessary in years to come.
45. They see ordinary objects and laugh.
They have a sense of humour.
46. You wake up in the middle of the night hearing them screaming “When is the deadline?”
They care about deadlines. But are usually behind on them. They work better under pressure.
47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
They know the difference between the way colours are displayed on screen and on paper.
48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs.
49. They rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift.
50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7.
See 42. It pays off in the end.